Do you want to attend a fun camp, learn English, and make new friends from all over the world this summer? Canada’s capital city of Ottawa is the place to do just that! Ottawa is full of interesting things to do, fun sites to see, and includes plenty of opportunities to learn English as a second language.
Although many people think of Canada as cold all year round, Ottawa has warm summers that are perfect for getting outside and having fun. English summer camp is the perfect opportunity to try new activities and practice a new language while you’re doing them! In fact, Lonely Planet just named Canada the top country to visit in 2017.
Here are five fun activities you can try while practicing English during ESL camp in Ottawa this summer.
5 Fun Activities to Help You Practice English During Language Camp
- Take an English tour at a museum
- Ask your tour guide questions in English
- Practice your listening skills
- Discover fascinating exhibits
Did you know? Ottawa is the home of over 15 museums!
- Visit a market
- Speak with market vendors in English
- Practice reading English signs
- Learn the names of goods, fruits, and vegetables in English
Did you know? Ottawa’s famous Byward Market has 260 stands and sees about 50,000 visitors per weekend during the summer.
- Visit Canada’s Parliament Buildings
- Practice your listening skills while taking an English tour
- See the Sound and Light Show on Parliament Hill, taking place each evening in the summer
- Learn about Canada’s interesting history
Did you know? Canada was born in 1867 and is celebrating its 150th birthday during the summer of 2017
- Play Canadian sports with your new international friends
- Practice speaking English while playing sports with your new ESL friends
- Visit Calypso waterpark, the largest waterpark in the country!
- Play football, tennis, basketball, volleyball, mini golf, and more
Did you know? Carleton University has 4 regulation football fields, 6 indoor tennis courts, and an Olympic-sized pool!
- Discover Canada’s Many Wonders During Weekend Excursions
- Practice English when you visit Montreal, Canada’s cultural capital
- Discover what life was like for Canadian pioneers at Upper Canada Village
- Experience Canada’s famous wildlife at beautiful parks
Did you know? Upper Canada Village is one of biggest living-history sites in all of Canada
Through fun activities and new friendships, you can learn English and build memories that will last a lifetime.
Embed this image on your site (copy the code below):